Important Notice from the VBA for DB-M LICENCE HOLDERS– Upcoming Changes to your Registration
Your Domestic Builder (Manager) registration conditioned to the managing or arranging of domestic building work will be reinstated as the intended registration class of Project Manager Domestic.
- This is an administrative change only.
- You are not required to take any action.
- This does not change your current permitted scope of work and will not impact works associated with any permits you currently hold.
- In alignment with your permitted scope of work and with the scope of Project Manager (Domestic), you will not be able to be named as the builder on a building permit or enter into contracts for building work.
- You will receive a confirmation email followed by a new registration card at no additional cost to you.
Why is the VBA reinstating my Project Manager (Domestic) registration?
The VBA will reinstate your Project Manager (Domestic) registration to align with changes that took effect from 1st July 2018.
This change reinstates your original successful application for Project Manager (Domestic) and removes the necessity to practice under a conditioned registration. The scope of your registration is the same as the scope of the Project Manager (Domestic) class.
Does this change my current scope of work?
The condition on your Domestic Builder (Manager) registration limits you to managing and arranging works. This means that you cannot carry out domestic building work and must arrange for registered builders to carry out this work. This condition does not permit you to be named as the builder on a building permit for domestic building work under a major domestic building contract. This is the same as the Project Manager (Domestic) class.
What will happen to current open permits?
The VBA considers it appropriate that works associated with permits currently held by practitioners with your registration are brought to completion under current arrangements. These works must be completed and building permit finalised (Certificate of Final Inspection and/or Occupancy Permit issued) as appropriate to the scope of the work/completion date required by the building permit.
What should I do if I want to register as another class?
If you wish to register as another class, you will need to submit a new registration application.
If the above changes affect you then give as a call to discuss your specific circumstances and how to gain your DB-U licence. Please call us on 0488 278899 .
Michael and The Team
Builders Licence Made Easy