Domestic building work is a broad term that covers various components here in Victoria, Australia. To qualify for your licence in this area, you must understand all the components and the necessary experience to perform them in a suitable manner. One of these components is the one about waterproofing, and we provide with the following details on it to further your knowledge on the topic.
Definition of the Waterproofing Component for Domestic Building Work
The definition of this component for domestic building work is to provide waterproofing to houses and related class-10 structures. It includes the repair, application and installation of waterproofing systems or membranes that might be applied to the exterior, interior, remedial and below ground areas of the house or other relevant class-10 structures.
Work Included in This Component
• Waterproofing for showers and the surrounding areas
• Waterproofing of adjacent areas to spas, laundries, WCs and baths
• Waterproofing of walls the connect to basins, laundry tubs and sinks
• Waterproofing that is applied during construction on garages and balconies
*Note: This waterproofing does not include swimming pools.*
The Necessary Experience to Perform the Waterproofing Component
On top of the general experience that is necessary for a person to register as a Domestic Builder, you need to be able to arrange, perform or manage the following waterproofing tasks in a professional, quality way:
• The preparation of various surfaces for the waterproofing process
• Identifying and correcting damage or faults on the surfaces prior to applying any waterproofing material or system
• Choosing and installing the ideal waterproofing application to below and above ground with both internal and external wet areas according to manufacturers' specifications and pertinent standards or regulations
• Performing remedial waterproofing in the proper manner
If you require additional facts about this waterproofing component of domestic building work, consult with our company of Builders Licence Made Easy. We provide plans, practice exams, study guides and more to assist you in your efforts to become a registered Domestic Builder in Victoria, Australia.